KING 5 News-Dog believed electrocuted by Seattle City Light plate

By ERIC WILKINSON / KING 5 News
SEATTLE — Lisa McKibbin had her dog Sammy out for a walk in Seattle’s Queen Anne neighborhood on Thanksgiving when the unthinkable happened.

McKibbin and Sammy were walking on Queen Anne Avenue North outside Bricco Wine Bar when Sammy stepped on an electric plate near a Seattle City Light lamp post. The dog received a jolt of electricity and died a short time later.

“That dog was like my child,” said McKibbin, choking back tears. “Sammy was the sweetest dog you could ever imagine. I just don’t want this to ever happen to anyone else.”

Power to the pole has been shut down but there are concerns that if it could kill a dog, it could also harm a human.

A representative from Seattle City Light said crews would be on the scene Monday examining the equipment.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to KING 5 News-Dog believed electrocuted by Seattle City Light plate

  1. Mikal Dmon says:

    I’m so sorry for your loss, and I find it typical that the Seattle City Light would deny any responsibility for this.The Freaking COWARDS! This makes me want to do a run down of all of our poles in the area to check for electrical shock, someone has to take these concerns seriously!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s